In under four hours, I’ll be flying to Munich to spend six months living, working and travelling in Europe! Channelling my inner high schooler, ZOMG.
Something has always seemed ridiculously glamorous to me about the Continent. I think some awkward teenage part of me believes that living there would magically imbue me with natural elegance, dress sense, and obedient hair, like Amélie Poulain, or Nicole Kidman’s character in The Interpreter.
But anyway – leaving aside my lifelong nerd complex – this is something I’ve been wanting to do for as long as I can remember. Contrary to the proud Aussie tradition, I never did that big backpacking trip after high school or university. Instead I threw myself straight into studies and then after graduation, I took a job in the United States. That’s made me a huge advocate of experiencing a country by living there, rather than just passing through as a tourist. But I still always regretted not doing the big trip around Europe.
So I’m really excited about moving to Germany, albeit for a much shorter period of time. I also plan to go further afield on weekends and soak up the history, culture and food that Europe has in so much abundance. And you’ll hear it all here first!
(In blueberry writing, that says “tschüss”!)
-urmi

No comments:
Post a Comment